|Render Effects in Work Area||Enter||Return|
|Ripple Edit Tool||B||B|
|Ripple Trim Previous||Q||Q|
|Ripple Trim Next||W||W|
|Extend Selected Edit to Playhead||E||E|
- Scene Transitions where the following scene’s audio precedes the change in image.
- Scene transitions where the previous scene’s audio curies into the change in image.
- A film sequence that is split into two sequential pieces used to represent a shift forward in time. Camera typically does not shift position but the subject does.
- A very brief shot, typically comprised of one frame, that appears in a sequence of images.
Cutting on Action
- Sequence where the film is cut on action and the sequential footage matches the previous action.
- Two shots where the shot composition is the same.
- Editing to guise the viewer’s focus from shot to shot.
- Editing in a manner that allows for the cuts to be hidden.
- The juxtaposition of shots in a fast pace manner that gives a large amount of information rapidly.
- A guideline that guides the camera to maintain spatial location on one side of an imaginer axis.
- The act of separating a piece of footage into two or more separate pieces of footage.
- A film transition where one shot is replaced by travelling from one side of the screen to another.
- A transition where a shot and the sequential dissolve into one another.
- On screen graphics are utilized to give information not expressed through the captured film.
Dip to black/white
- A transition where the captured image dips to black or white.
Final Cut Pro
Academy Aperture: 1.33:1
American Widescreen: 1.85:1
Widescreen Television: 1.77:1